Eyelash extensions have truly revolutionized the world of cosmetics. It's no mystery that the eyes are the first thing people look at, "smile with your eyes” With the Eyelash Extensions, your eyes will appear brighter, bigger and sexier. Women love looking refreshed first thing in the morning, and feel no need for much make-up other than fluttering your set of Eye Lashes. Guess what? You can swim in these , can you say VACAY, that’s right, chuck that mascara or strip lashes away and swim stress and worry free! We know we feel so much prettier, it’s was one of my BEST KEPT SECRET and probably will be yours. It's not for everyone due to its demand high maintenance :) ( side note, I am a licensed lash tech )
Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent, and are applied individually lash by lash. Each eyelash extension is permanently bonded to a single natural eyelash, when the natural lash sheds due to the growth cycle, the eyelash extension will shed with it.
How long is the application?
It really depends on yur eye lash technician. Full set of lashes, can range anywhere from 1 hour (natural set) to 2 hours (dramatic set)
Refills take approx 30 mins.
How long do they last?
Each eye lash hair grows at its own rate and each eyelash hair is at a different point in its cycle. Naturally your eyelash cycle lasts approx. 60-90 days and a new lash grows in. Typically a new set of eyelash extensions should last you anywhere between 2-3 weeks with the proper maintenance by the client.
How do I maintain my new set of lashes?
For the first 24 hours, do not get your lashes wet. Avoid taking showers and take baths instead. Also avoid swimming, saunas and facials. You can continue to wash your face but work around the eyes. Try to refrain using products with oil, as it will strip the bond and shorten the life span of your eye lash extensions.
How do I sleep at night?
Any type of rubbing or tugging will shorten the life span of your lashes, its best that you try to avoid this as much as possible.
How do I find a legit Eye Lash Technician?
Referrals are always great, but do your research and ask questions. Ask your technician about their training and experience. Take a look at the their set up, or their hygiene practices.
Are you an ideal Candidate?
- · Your eyes are free of signs and symptoms of infection and fully recovered from recent eye surgeries or procedures.
- · You do NOT have allergies/sensitivities to acrylates or cyanoacrylate adhesives.
- · You are comfortable lying down for a few hours with your eyes closed
- · Exposing your eyelash extensions to water, hear, sauna, steam and friction?
- · Applying eye cosmetics or skin care products to your eyelashes or your eyelids?
- · Receiving irritation eye-are treatments, such as chemical peels, skin-resurfacing procedures, eyebrow waxing, lasers, eye surgeries, etc.?
- · Wearing contacts (wear glasses instead)?
- If you checked all the above, then you are an ideal candidate for Eyelash Extensions.
If you did not check one or more of the items listed above, consult with your Eyelash Stylist for further information to ensure beautiful, long-lasting results and a comfortable and relaxing experience.
After Care Guide for the ones who have them
24hr Tips: Remember that the first 24 hours are especially crucial for the bonding to properly occur! Common activities you need to avoid during the first 24 hours include showering, washing the eyes, tanning, applying creams or lotions to the eye area, applying mascara or any eye make-up, excessively touching the lashes, spas, steam rooms, sauna, swimming, exercising, contact lens solutions and sleeping on the lashes. Constant heat may cause the adhesive bond to weaken.
Daily Tips: The most common causes of lash fall out before the end of your natural lash life cycle include excessively touching the lashes, use of oil based products, layering on excessive amounts of mascara which requires excessive cleaning, and frequent exposure to heat sources such as spas, steam rooms and tanning salons.
Sleeping Tips: We recommend sleeping on your back the first night to ensure your lashes do not become tangled while drying. In the morning, use a mascara brush to gently separate and groom your new lashes. Any type of rubbing or tugging will shorten the life span of your lashes, its best that you try to avoid this as much as possible.
- · Avoid using any oil based cleansers on or near the eye area. Use an oil-free eye make-up remover.
- Do not use cotton balls, cotton rounds or swabs directly on the eyelashes as the fibers may get lodged in the bond area of your lashes.
- Although mascara is not necessary with your eyelash extensions you can use it sparingly, on the tips only to achieve an even more dramatic look. Avoid using oil based or waterproof mascara / liners as the ingredients in it will dissolve the bond of the adhesive. Ask your Lash Technician about specialty products for eyelash extensions
- Avoid using harsh mechanical eyelash curlers as they can break both natural and synthetic lashes. A heated eyelash curler can be used sparingly to help shape and curl lashes on the TIPS of the lashes ONLY. Do not apply heated eyelash curler to the base of the lashes where the lashes are bonded
Re-fill and Re-lash: The look can last indefinitely with 45-60 minutes Re-Fill / Re-lash appointments every 2-3 weeks. Like your scalp hair, natural eyelashes grow and shed in a cycle, which is typically about 60 days (2 months). When a natural eyelash matures and falls out, a new eyelash has already been growing and quickly replaces it. People typically shed between 1 to 5 natural lashes each day, depending on their individual growth cycles. When properly applied, an eyelash extensions will remain in place until the natural lash on which it rests falls out. Re-lash appointments are necessary to replenish the fallen hairs and maintain the look.
*Above all, BE GENTLE! Do not pick or pull your lashes and refrain from excessively rubbing your eyes.
I hope the information we have provided helps you with your decision.